This weekend was one of the craziest, up and down, roller coaster weekends I've ever had. A million good & bad & insane things happened- I just have to document them somehow.
So much has happened, I can't even remember a minute of Friday evening. That was years ago (it feels)...so we'll start late Friday night.
I put Saylor to bed as usual, swaddled tightly and in her "rock n play" all time favorite bed. She woke up screaming 3 times. I am pretty sure she has outgrown this bed...
Eventually I had an idea to just put her in cotton pj's, and put her in her bassinet so she can lay flat and have more room. We haven't tried the bassinet since she was born so it was a risk. It worked.
By 1 a.m. I was tired so I asked Jordan if he was ready to go to bed. He said he wasn't feeling very tired yet so he was going to stay up. I woke up around 4:00 a.m....in bed husbandless. Soon after that as I was dozing off again, he stumbled in and went to sleep. That morning he told me that last night he had accidentally taken his morning pills instead of his night pills. One of those pills is a.d.d. medication- so he was wide awake all night. Poor thing.
Saturday I wanted to go to Walmart early- but since Jordan was sleeping in at least until noon, that didn't happen. We eventually made it to Walmart around 3:30. That was our first Walmart trip as a family- which took forever.
We got home, put stuff away, had dinner, and began our list of things to do. We vacuumed, and Jordan started cleaning the carpets with our carpet cleaner (which he would rinse out and refill in the bathtub). I suddenly noticed Chico's right thumb nail was bleeding all over. Apparently he hit it on something and it tore. I cleaned him up, washed his paw and put some hydrogen peroxide on it (this was NOT an easy task- he acts like water will kill him).
Saylor had been sitting in her chair for quite a while so I decided to pick her up and entertain her before getting back to work cleaning our house with Jordan. As I held her, I smelled a poopy bum. Little did I know- that was quite an understatement. I lifted her away from me a little...and all I saw was poop. Poop seeping out of her diaper, poop on her tummy under her clothes, poop on my whole right side of my shirt. I layed Saylor down and yelled to Jordan that we now have a much bigger issue. Saylor is a wiggle worm, so within one minute, poop was on her hands, on her forehead, and on the blanket. Jordan and I cleaned her up (100 antibacterial wipes later) and knew it was bath time. One problem...the bathtub was horribly dirty from Jordan rinsing the dirty carpet cleaner water in it. SO, I grabbed some bleach and scrubbed the tub. Finally I gave Saylor a bath and we were back in business.
Let me just inform you, my husband is not the type that puts things off. That night, we had tons of laundry to do, and he was going around making a list of other stuff we needed to get done. I went to bed. Jordan finally came to bed at 5:00 a.m. When I came out into the family room that morning, laundry was folded all over the place- but other than that I still don't understand what he was doing until 5 in the morning.
I was tired, he was exhausted, but we still made it to 11:00 church. We went to sacrament and came home to get our new improved longer list knocked out.
I cleaned the fans. Almost killed myself in the process standing on that tall ladder.
We made homemade bread.
We made homemade dish and laundry detergent.
I fed Saylor some rice cereal and introduced her to bananas for the first time- which she loved.
Suddenly it started to rain. Hard. Plus hail lots and lots. There was thunder and lightning and the rain was just pouring. We have a river in our backyard (We live a couple houses down from where the river flooded here in 2002 and destroyed homes). We also have Black Mountain right in front of us. Our river is usually just a small creek- but this time it was an actual large, rushing brownish red river- from all the runoff. It had gained at least 7 feet of water and was bigger than we had seen in a very very long time. Jordan was concerned about our cats so he ran out to try to find them. I told him that they're probably fine but...Jordan loves his cats. He finally came back, drenched, with no cats. We figured they had found a dry place to stay and wait out the storm.
We were just starting to eat lunch (rain and hail still pouring extremely hard), then suddenly we hear a loud knock on our door. Chico went nuts as usual, and Jordan was trying to grab him and change into dry clothes- all while I was nursing Saylor right there on the couch. There was a knock again, then our door opened. It was our next door neighbor. He shouted something about how the rain was creating mudslides on our big mountain and we needed to evacuate. We never heard any "official" warning to evacuate, so Jordan talked to him for a minute and ran out to see the road. If enough mud came off the mountain, we wouldn't be able to leave our neighborhood. We actually saw red mud spilling onto our street in front of our house- not a good sign. Our neighbor was serious. He is an old man, so sweet. He had his car in our driveway and said he was ready to leave and take us with him. That would not have worked anyway since we would need our car for Saylor's car seat, but we knew his intentions were good. We kinda just kept watching the mountain and rain- praying we wouldn't have to leave. We finished lunch and the rain finally started to calm down. Phew- no big mudslide. For now.
We kept an eye on the storm, and Jordan wanted to do another thing on his list...make pickles. We have a bazillion cucumbers from our garden and need to do something with them pronto. Ok, so it was actually CAN pickles. He didn't believe me about how hard canning is. He started that, and I was on the phone with my mom telling her about the storm. Then she told me about how her and my brother were taking their (our) poodle to the emergency vet because their bigger dog stepped on her neck area, and she just went limp. I lost it at this point and just broke down. I looove that puppy and hurt for her. We lost our other poodle in July a couple years ago- one of the most traumatic things I went through. These dogs are not just dogs. They are family. I prayed and prayed for Trinee and had my mom keep me informed.
Jordan's pickles did not turn out. I do not recommend "canning" pickles in a big pot with no canning utensils. I told him to put them in the fridge and they will be good for 2 weeks. They are currently still sitting out on the counter. In my opinion, he misunderstood the instructions (maybe from lack of sleep...?). So I will be throwing those away today.
After all that, he cleaned the carpet in our family room (this was around 1:00a.m.) and we finally got to bed around 2.
Jordan said next weekend...we are going to do whatever the hell we want, even if we go to jail for it. Sounds good to me.
Today I have to make baby food out of all our squash
(we have a ton of that too)
I also have to pick up and wash the towels that Jordan has put down all over the house so we don't get the clean carpet dirty while it dries..
and the thousand other daily household chores that come my way.
By the way, Trinee is doing better. The vet said she may have had a seizure or a stroke- but her neck did not break. He said he is optimistic that she will be ok. Please remember her in your prayers!
By the way, Trinee is doing better. The vet said she may have had a seizure or a stroke- but her neck did not break. He said he is optimistic that she will be ok. Please remember her in your prayers!
Next weekend= sleep






No comments:
Post a Comment