Friday, March 9, 2012

How Life Has Changed

I don't think anyone understands how drastically your life changes with a newborn, until you have a newborn.
I always heard "oh they just eat, sleep, and poop". Sounds easy. It's everything in between these simple events however that keep this momma busy all day long.


Having problems with breastfeeding certainly doesn't help and I would say is the hardest thing I'm dealing with right now. We've had to supplement a couple times a day with formula- which I hate hate doing, but obviously I don't want Saylor to starve so it's gotta be done. I am trying to do everything I can to increase my production though- including taking lots of herbal pills a day. I mean lots.
3 fenugreek, three times a day
3 alfalfa, three times a day
2 marshmallow root, three times a day
I just started the alfalfa and marshmallow root yesterday so I am hoping I will see an increase from them. By the way...marshmallow root sounds yummy- but it is just the opposite. It's not the puffy white marshmallow you are thinking, its some kind of plant or something. I gag from the smell every time I open the bottle. I'm praying they'll work. I also try pumping when I get a change (which is not very often)- since Saylor believes I am her pacifier. She is not a binki lover.
Other fun things that keep me busy is changing her bum 100 times a day, and her clothes at least twice from her diaper leaking. I thought Huggies weren't supposed to leak!? It's also loads of fun when she decides to go potty at the exact time her diaper is released from her bum. I swear she just knows and does it because she thinks it's funny.
One night Jordan was changing her, and I was trying to get some sleep. He came in as I was going to bed and informed me that Saylor had peed on his face. Laying on the floor and him leaning over her, her pee shot up to his face. He said she has a cannon on her and I believe it. She has yet to go potty in the bathtub though...but I'm sure it's comin.
Like all newborns, she does sleep a lot. Especially in the day. Not in her bed of course...but on mommy's shoulder is where it's at.


Thanks to all the wonderful people who've given her clothes, she's a very stylish one month old. Jordan is so cute and takes a picture of her every time she's in a different outfit.








Jordan had to make sure her top was open on this last pic so you could read what it says on her onesie (my daddy makes me smile).

Surprisingly, our dog Chico has been pretty good with Saylor. I feel like he almost protects her at times. He does help me out with cleaning up her spit up when it goes all over the floor or somewhere accessible for him to lick. Whenever she's crying in her bed, he leans over and stares at her then keeps looking at me like "Mom she's crying do something!" He occasionally licks her ears (which I try to avoid) but I know he likes her and doesn't see her as a threat. Except he's been the most jealous dog ever since we brought her home, but that's to be expected. The baby of the family has been replaced. I am glad that he's nice to her. BUT...I'm still worried about when she starts pulling his tail and ears and carrying our cats under one arm across the house. We'll just cross that bridge when we come to it.
I'm soo enjoying being a mommy although it is a LOT of work. This little girl is 5000% worth it and I can't even imagine our lives without her now.

1 comment:

  1. she is so adorable! I've heard those huggies diapers are the worst.. I used pampers and loved them.. but I mean if she has an up the back blow out there's nothing to do about that but that only happens the first couple months :) and I've heard that drinking tons and tons of water may help increase your milk flow.. it helped me, but everyone's different. good luck with everything, girl!

    ReplyDelete