Saturday, April 28, 2012

Love Him

A couple mornings ago, Saylor and I woke up to this...



GORGEOUS roses that smelled amazing, and loves notes from Jordan to his two girls. I loved the note he wrote for me, and loved the note he wrote for Saylor even more. It almost made me cry. I want to keep it for her to read when she grows up.
I did notice that at the beginning of the letter he wrote "Kaitlyn". My name is Kaitlin. Huh? Doesn't my husband know how to spell my name? He later said it was 3 in the morning and to give him a break. I wrote Jordan a love note back and made him breakfast.
Later I asked him where he got the beautiful roses from. He (again) snuck around people's yards in our neighborhood and cut them off rose bushes. At 3 in the morning. I told him I absolutely loved them...but he needs to be careful. I am hoping I will not wake up one night to the police telling me someone had called in on him! What a sweetheart.

In two days, Saylor will be 3 months old. On one hand I can't believe she is already 3 months. On the other hand...it feels like I have had her much much longer than that and I can't remember how I lived without her. She is our whole world.



I just took her out on a walk this morning (I had a goal to go on a walk everyday this week- done!). It was colder than it has been and kinda windy. I had her in a blanket and her zip up pj's on, but I got back feeling like a horrible mom for taking my baby out there and her getting cold. I am so paranoid that she is going to get sick, I sure I will worry the next couple days now. I am probably overreacting- but in my mind...I don't know what I was thinking.

I know I need to let go a little, but everyday I have regrets about something I feel I did wrong with her.
I guess that's what I need to go through to learn.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! I think we will have to start paying close attention to our rose bushes in case we have sneaky neighbors, too :) If your level of paranoia is any indicator of the quality of your mothering, I am sure you are incredible! We all will makes mistakes as parents, just learn from them and the subsequent children will be better off ;)

    ReplyDelete