Sunday, September 2, 2012

It all started..

when Jordan and I were out shopping and saw a Yorkie for sell by Costco. I'm pretty sure he was free. We decided if he was still for sale when we came back out of Sportsmans then it is meant to be and we would adopt him. He was gone (red flag #1). Who cares...Chico still needs a friend. Lets call every animal shelter in St. George and see what their hours are so we can go find a puppy there. Every single one was closed since it was Saturday, past 6pm (red flag #2). KSL! Best place ever to get a pet. First thing I did when we got home was look on KSL at dogs for sale. Not many puppies were being sold in this area (red flag #3). BUT there were some golden retriever puppies for sale here in St. George, and they were the cutest things alive (besides our baby of course- oh and Chico). Jordan spontaneously said we should just get one...because he's known forever that I've always wanted a golden retriever. So why not now? We decided to go take a look at them. By the way, we also went to look at someone elses puppies in Leeds that were selling poodle chihuahua mixes. They were tiny and we were afraid of Chico eating them. We went to see the golden retriever who instantly melted Jordan's already soft heart. We contemplated the rest of the night...ME being totally unsure and confused the entire time, but Jordan kept saying he knew 100% this was the right thing to do. So next day...he called the lady and said we'll take the puppy. I still had that "this probably is not a good idea feeling" but tried to ignore it. We went to pick up a kennel, food, and leash and then the dog (who was very expensive...red flag #..4? I lost count). As we expected, the instant we brought her home, Chico was about to go on strike. I do have to say though, she WAS the cutest, sweetest, most gentle puppy ever. The entire time Chico was threatening her with his mighty big teeth and growl (and biting her face), she wouldn't do a thing. Not even really look at him. Just cry when she would get bitten, which made me so angry at Chico and feel so bad. She was so sweet. We also got her a pool because she loved water. She would literally sit in her water bowl, no matter how small it was. She loved the pool, she was emerge completely in the water all but her head sticking out. So Monday was my first day alone with this new puppy (we named her Lucy), Chico, and Saylor. ALL ALONE. Jordan was confident that I could just leave this long-haired big puppy outside in the 100+ degree weather all day. No way was I going to do that. The entire day consisted of me refereeing Lucy and Chico, all while trying to take care of Saylor. I could explain every detail of this but you would get bored, so all I will say is that it was hell. It was unfair to everyone involved and not a good idea (should have payed attention to those red flags right?). Jordan came home that night to me SO upset, saying we have to give her back because I can't do it for one more day. Luckily the previous owners took her back and gave us a refund. I will forever be grateful for that lady understanding our stupid mistake!! I hope Lucy finds a good home and have people that can entertain her and give her the attention and all the pools she wants. If you're going to get an animal- think about it longer than just one night. Lesson learned here!

No comments:

Post a Comment