Saturday, March 30, 2013

And She Walks

I'll admit, I have been praying for this day to come for a while.

Ever since February 1st, to be exact.

When your daughter turns 1...everyone asks (or "implies), "why isn't she walking yet? She's 1. She's supposed to be walking."

But as we all REALLY know, every baby is different and it takes time.
"She'll do it when she's ready."

People always said "One day my baby just decided they wanted to walk and did"

That's how it happened with us, too.

Yesterday Saylor woke up, we had breakfast, I started playing with her in the family room...and she suddenly took two steps. Then four. Then six. Then my phone was out on record.

I got all excited and we practiced all day, and she became more confident with it.

This morning for some reason I was scared I would wake up and Saylor would go solely back to crawling and forget that she learned how to walk the day before.

Don't worry, that didn't happen. I will look over at her and she will be making her way across the room. Crazy!

I'm so proud of my baby girl and can't believe how big she's getting. She IS still crawling when she feels the need to get somewhere fast, but walking is definitely in the mobility field now.

I got one pretty good video :)


PASSWORD: baby2112

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/62975453" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

If the video doesn't work...go to the link below.

https://vimeo.com/62975453

No comments:

Post a Comment