Friday, April 5, 2013

Yesterday was crazy..

 
 
I remembered at 9am that I had an appointment with my DWS employment counselor at 11. There goes my morning plans to run to the store and get me some hair color and color my hair.
 
I fed Saylor, got us ready and was out the door.
 
The appointment was quick and went fine. It wasn't crazy yet.
 
We left and I needed to go to Walmart so I decided to go to the "old" Lehi one. Ever since the Cedar Hills Walmart has existed, I haven't been to our old Lehi Walmart. I was going to take the risk and go in.

I felt like I was in another world. Cedar Hills Walmart has about half the stuff regular big Walmarts have, and I have gotten used to that. This Walmart had so much more stuff!

Throughout the whole store, Saylor kept trying to stand up in the cart. Now that she can walk, that's about all she ever wants to do- especially when we're in public. What about the cart seat belt? You are probably wondering...
Well, those just don't seem to fit well around my little girl's big tummy. Sometimes I can get it around her but I use a cart cover and this particular time I just couldn't get it through the cover holes and around her. SO instead, I gave her one of my lip balms I was going to buy and let her chew on the wrapper. That should give me time.

We were in the baby section, and all of a sudden I noticed a big red spot on my shoulder. Then I noticed red spots on Saylor's shirt, all around her neck line area. It was blood! What?

Eventually I figured out her gum was bleeding where a tooth was coming in. She must have cut herself while chewing on my lip stuff wrapper.

It was weird though, it just suddenly all appeared and she never cried or anything. Just acted like normal.

I still had some more shopping to do...so I played it cool. I tried to fold my shirt over on my shoulder to hide the blood spot (which didn't work well at all). As for Saylor's shirt, there was pretty much nothing I could do. So I just kept on shoppin....and then the looks came. There was a couple in particular in the baby section, too. They looked at Saylor then me, and I could tell they noticed something weird. I got out of there quick.

I got to the register to a lady maybe in her mid 40's. As she was checking my stuff, her eyes locked on Saylor's blood spots on her shirt. It was one of those moments like "Um hello...I'm up here". It was very obvious. After that, she didn't say a word to me. She got a very confused/angry look on her face.

I was getting mortified by this point and just wanted to get out of there. I don't abuse my child!

I payed for my stuff and starting walking off. Then I heard
"Do you want your items!?"
Crap.
I blurted out "Oops...yeah sorry. It's been a rough day"
She didn't acknowledge anything I said, just threw my "items" in my cart.
I was out of there.

I then was planning on stopping at Ross to return some pants.
More weird looks, and by this time Saylor was soaking wet from a leaking diaper as well.
I grabbed my blood-stained, wet baby and we headed home.

We got home and then I realized I had missed my class. I have NEVER missed this class. Ah! This is the class that is a real lecture at Dixie, but since I'm in Alpine they are letting me participate through web cam.

So I emailed my professor to apologize. In the subject line I put "March 4th", talking about the day I missed. I wrote my email and sent it.

Then I realized it was April 4th. Crap.

I was ready to go back to bed. I was afraid of what more I was going to screw up. Luckily that was about the end of it. Phew.

At this much more stocked Walmart I got Saylor a blow up chair.
I almost passed out trying to blow it up, but I got it and she looves this thing.
Not really for a chair, but more for bouncing on and climbing all over.
Best part? It was only $7.


This last pic is blurry because she was bouncing :)

Oh, and we tried on hats at Walmart too. I really wanted to get her this one but she wouldn't leave it on for more than 5 seconds so that was a no.
This was right before the blood came. You can see the culprit in her hand there.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment