We've told most family and friends, so I decided to finally post our news on the blog.
This past Sunday I finally got the guts to take a pregnancy test. I was putting it off because I had already gotten my hopes up and was afraid of rejection. I decided it was better to just not know for a while instead of knowing and being disappointed. But since my mom was here this past weekend, I decided to take one just in case it was positive and I could show her in person.
WELL GUESS WHAT. This is what I saw...
And I mean instantly. I couldn't believe it.
The next day, I took another one just to make sure.
I know it's hard to read, but it does say "Pregnant".
Ahhhh I'm PREGNANT!!
I knew this would happen to all my friends, but to me!? I think I'm still in shock.
I have discovered that I am about 6 weeks- and already feelin' it. Yesterday I was more nauseous than I have ever been in my life, but today it's been lookin pretty good.
[[Taking your prenatals before bed really helps]]
I was able to go to Walmart today and stock up on preggie food
[[can you say...GINGER!?]]
I have always had a feeling that I will have a boy first, and I still have that feeling. I mean come on...a sweet little darling GIRL wouldn't put me through this, right!?
Either boy or girl, I will be happy. As you can imagine, Jordan is THRILLED and soo excited to be a daddy. I already know he will be the best one in the world.
I on the other hand am experiencing quite a bit of worry and anxiety about being a good mommy.
So glad I have my wonderful mom to help me along the way!
So there is our news!!
Dear preggo friends (past & present)...please give me any advice you may have.
Everyone please pray that all will go well and our sweet child will develop properly! Love you all!


CONGRATS!!!! Such great news!!!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all CONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteThere is an awesome website: www.babycenter.com You can go on and create an account. They will send you weekly emails about you pregnancy and your baby's development through pregnancy and beyond! It's awesome! They also have great articles and a plethora of excellent expert advice. It's just great
Also you need to go out and buy yourself this book: What to Expect When You're Expecting. It's simply the best pregnancy book around. They even have a section of it for expectant Dads.
As for other little tips and tricks to manage a pregnancy, unfortunately there every woman and even every pregnancy is different. I can't guarantee these things will work, but they did for me.
Nausea trick #1: You know those chocolate covered mini donuts? The ones that come in packs of 6? For some reason those eased the nausea for me. It also worked for all my sisters.
Nausea trick #2: Ginger-ail, but shake out the fizz first so it isn't so carbonated.
Nausea trick #3: It's better to throw up something rather than nothing, so drink lots. You need fluids! You don't want to end up having to get IVs. They say to get so many glasses of water a day, but water tastes like metal to me when I'm pregnant. So drink anything you can, Slurpees, Gatorade, fruit punch... Whatever you can get and keep down.
Lastly, and this one is important. Decide on a pregnancy buddy. This person doesn't have to be pregnant now. She could have simply gone through it before, but you'll want someone you can call at 3 am if you need to because you're worried about something. Someone who'll ease your mind. Your Mom should fit this role pretty well ;D
Congrats again! Children are such a blessing!
Congratulations (again)!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteSleepless nights: For sleepless nights take unisom. It's safe for the baby & you won't become dependent upon it to sleep. Also, I bought one of those huge u-shaped body pillows & it didn't really help much. I ended up taking it back. I just put a pillow under my belly (when I got big) & behind my back. Also, for me one position might be comfortable one night & completely awful the next so just move around until you get comfy!
Nausea: Nothing really worked for me. I just learned to avoid certain foods & not get hungry. I had to eat smaller meals but eat more often. So instead of a big breakfast, lunch & dinner eat smaller meals & eat every few hours (which is what you're suppose to do anyway haha). Fresh fruits & veggies are the best for you & the baby & make great, quick snacks. Drink lots of water!! When you get further along water helps with the baby's hick-ups too.
Let your husband help you!! Don't feel guilty taking it easy! Sleep if you're tired! Remember you're housing a growing human & he/she is your first priority. The laundry, dishes etc can wait. Keep bending & lifting to a minimum. Your health comes first! Healthy mom...healthy baby!
Congratulations Kaitlin! You will be such a great mom! It's such a blessing to have kids!
ReplyDelete