Monday, July 18, 2011

THAT'S WHERE THE HEART IS.

My first doctor appointment was today. I was both nervous and excited, hoping all was well with our growing little one.
We heard our baby's heartbeat...loud and clear over the sonogram. It was pretty amazing to say the least. My mom and Jordan were both with me, and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. Even the nurse said we were going to make her cry too.
I told Jordan that it sounded like a girl heartbeat. He said it definitely was a boy heartbeat. He thinks he just KNOWS. I guess we'll see who's right in a couple weeks.
NOW I feel better about being sick for so many weeks. NOW I have assurance that this is all for a reason and that there's an actual baby growing inside of me, not that I'm just sick and it won't go away.
According to the nurse's estimate, I am 11 weeks and 1 day today. I am finally starting to feel a tad bit better, although I still need to not let myself get hungry or else the nausea appears in an instant. I am praying (literally) that I will get my appetite back now in the next couple weeks.
I haven't wanted any sweets this entire time. Can you believe that? ME!
No chocolate. No candy. No pie. Nothing.
I haven't really figured out what I crave yet...I just know what I DON'T crave. Sweets is definitely one of them.
My next appointment is in 4 weeks! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment