Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hair Color. Get Ready.




Believe it or not...this picture...
and this picture...
have NO hair color alteration. What the heck happened right!?
The first pic is on our cruise. The second pic was taken 10 minutes ago. Two days before our cruise, I wanted to go blonde (my hair was dark brown). I went to Walmart and found a hair color that says it even took black and dark brown to blonde in one step. "PERFECT." I thought.
I came home and after much comtemplation, I went with my usual thought and just did it.
Go look at an orange. Now look at a banana. THAT was what my hair color looked like. It was horrible, hideous, and looked like my head was on fire. I have experienced this before...but I still freaked out.
LUCKILY I had another hair color box in my bathroom that I had bought a while ago. It was called something like "Dark Mahongany Black" (it was a black with shades of purple in it-very pretty). I conditioned the crap out of my hair...then put this "black" haircolor over my orange head. It turned dark brownish/purpleish. I was alright with that...at least it wasn't sunny yellow.
That was one and a half weeks ago. The 1st pic (on our cruise) is pretty much what it looked like when I colored it. Now it looks like the 2nd pic!! I guess it has just faded a lot? I now have kinda blonde hair- wohoo we finally got there.
I am really liking my hair color now. Except my roots are a weird purple color but it's not too noticable. I am just worried about when my roots grow out and I need to color again...which color do I do keep it looking like this!? I got it through a huge mistake- that I'm definatly nooot going through again.
So which do you like on me best, the darker brown & black hair, or the lighter hair??? Be honest :)

1 comment:

  1. Coloring can be so scary. That's why I like to spend a bit more for a salon. Just in case. My hair doesn't need more damage.

    I think you should do a warm chocolate brown. Not blonde, not black. Just a very warm brown. Think... hot fudge? haha!

    ReplyDelete