Tuesday, May 28, 2013

This Dream

Last night I had a dream that I was driving on the freeway, coming up to the point of the mountain, and suddenly my car immediately stopped and my brakes went into full gear. My car stopped moving forward and braked so fast, that it completely flipped forward and landed upside down.
 
I totally felt it. As my car stopped and braked so forcefully, I could not breath. My seat belt was holding me in so hard and I felt it pierce into my stomach.
 
After my car tipped, I remember laying there upside down, strapped in, and hoping the cars behind me wont run into my car. I didn't really know what to do...but just lay there with the blood rushing to my head.
 
All of a sudden a woman appeared with a magazine...almost like an angel and I think the magazine was the Ensign. I remember thinking about Saylor, and the woman asked me what I needed to do. She had me read a paragraph from this magazine, and what I got from it and all I could communicate while unable to breath was the word "prayer".
 
I woke up in bed, and in shock. I was laying on my back and my hands were on my stomach pressing down a little hard. I quickly got the impression that my dream was related to my life the past couple months...and that I needed to write this down.
 
8 months ago I would have never ever ever imagined myself being in this position. Everything was going just fine (I thought), we were about to sign on our first house, Saylor was 8 months old, I was finishing school...things were good. I was cruising along just like I was in my car in my dream. Then all of a sudden, it stopped. Completely stopped. So fast, that my world flipped upside down...and I couldn't breath. I was stuck hanging upside down, unaware of what happened, scared of other things hitting me, and clueless of how to escape.
 
Just like in my dream, holding onto the Gospel has gotten me through. I know it's a little cliche, but that lady in my dream really did speak the truth. PRAYER is what I need to focus on...and that is what is going to continue to help me get out of this wreck.
 
I know I've already come so far, met so many awesome people, and accomplished my goal of finishing school. Now I am researching Master's degree programs in psychology, and I have an appointment this Friday with an admissions worker from a school in Draper.
 
I don't know what my future holds, but I do know that God is right here guiding me through it all.

One thing I learned in school in neuroscience, is that a lot of scientists believe that dreams occur when the neurons in your brain obtaining information randomly connect to one another during sleep. Which makes dreams very random and unable to understand...because they are random neurons just making random connections.

BUT I don't always believe this is true. My spiritual side disagrees with this science and I know sometimes you have dreams for a reason, and it's up to you to determine the meaning of them for yourself and your situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment