It is named this because the founder said it is so hard to reach, that only angels can get there.
This hike is the hardest hike I have ever done- but woth it...although I now feel like my beloved neighbors and need a walker to get around.
For the first 3/4's of the hike it was just hard. All uphill, lots of switchbacks, and seemed never ending. When we thought we'd finally reached the top...we were wrong. From a distance I could see people holding onto a chain, walking on this "rock spine" with a 1400 foot cliff straight down on both sides. I said "there is no way in hell I'm doing that." Guess what? I did it. I DID IT!
Now I sit here reading online about the several deaths that have happened on this hike. Good thing I didn't read this before we went. If you're not careful, you could easily fall to your death.
See this mountain? We were on the very top!
Right before we climbed the extremly narrow spine of the mountain (behind us).
The very top!!
Here are some pro pics of Angels Landing. Sorry I was too focused on not falling to take these awesome pics!
I have decided to make a goal to try new things in my life - especially things I'm scared of.
You only live once so might as well live it up!!







AH!! I've heard all about that hike but never really looked at pics before... Now, I doubt I'll ever do it. I mean, I'm kind of a mountain goat and don't have trouble climbing... but I'm also a baby.
ReplyDelete