Monday, April 11, 2011

Life Lately



There have been so many things happening around here lately that I have wanted to write about. BUT...I just haven't gotten to it. Busy? Lazy? Unmotivated? Tired? All of the above.
First and foremost, enough was enough.
 

Once you go black, you never go back. Don't judge!
 
Ok, so remember that hideous, ugly, huge dead tree thing in our backyard? I don't know if I ever posted a pic of it. Anyway, you're not missing out. It was bad. In the process of cleaning up our porch and yard area we cut that stupid thing down. It looks much better, we actually have a view now! (and a stump, but oh well). The river is right below that wall, you just can't see it because it drops down.
 

Here's our cleaned up porch. Wohoo

We planted tomatos and strawberries, then we have a flower pot and the one by the door are roses.

So yesterday, Jordan and I were just sitting outside enjoying the warm weather and letting the babies play. I heard Chico start barking his head off in the front, so I got up to see what was going on. There was a woman (probably in her 30's) walking her dog which was a Beagle I belive. Naturally LIKE DOGS DO, Chico was barking at this dog as the lady was walking him past our house. I yelled Chico's name (not trying to run to catch him because he ALWAYS runs from me if I do that), and I was unsuccessful. He just kept barking at this dog. The LADY started saying things to me such as...
  • Oh my gosh your dog needs a leash
  • Seriously this is ridiculous
  • Good boy you're so much better (to her "honorable 100% perfect animal")
  • Seriously? Oh my gosh this is ridiculous (she said that several times)
  • Get that dog fenced in or something, I can't believe this
  • I can't believe this I swear this happens every time (um ya right biotch)
ALL while I was trying to catch Chico and get him to stop barking. Can you believe that!? The lady made me so mad I wished Chico would have bitten her leg. Maybe I will teach him to do that next time. But come on...I would never say those rude things to someone! Dogs bark at each other lady- get over it!!
I told Jordan we should figure out which house she lives in and toilet paper her house- WITH the sprinklers on. That will make me feel better.

Anyway, that really irritated me, if you can't tell. My blood is starting to boil from just writing about it. Luckily, we have a very sweet neighbor (who lives next door) to make up for some that need to fall off a cliff. Chico and the kitties always play in his backyard and the kitties climb his tree clear to the sky, I'm glad he doesn't mind them being around his yard. He was outside yesterday and Jordan and I got talking to him. We found out he lives alone, and his wife died of cancer three years ago. He is SUCH a sweet man. He always waves to me in the mornings as I'm leaving for school. When we first moved here he came to our door and introduced himself. He offered to take out our garbage one time. He's just so kind. Knowing that he lost his dear wife and lives alone really breaks my heart. I wish there was something I could do for him. Jordan says probably just talking with him and being friends helps him. He mentioned how some days just seem like eternity to get through. If you have any suggestions of anything we could do to show him of our concern, let me know!
 

1 comment:

  1. Uh, just reading that story about the lady and her dog had my blood boiling!! So rude! Next time just smile big and apologize. Maybe even offer her a drink or something. Be the bigger person and maybe she'll stop. Your neighbor sounds so sweet!! Maybe have him join you and Jordan for Sunday dinner and games. :) he woul probably love it and it'd probably make Sunday's his favorite day of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete