Remember my last post about how everything was so great and our backyard was so pretty? Well it still is pretty, but we've had a strain of bad luck since then.
Our poor kitchen floor has just been through quite enough I would say.
First of all, Jordan and I were making cookies, and my sweet husband had a little accident with the flour...
A couple days later...I had an accident with the dish soap. Well, I ACCIDENTLY used regular dish soap in place of "dishwasher soap". Who knew they were different? I didn't.
Oh yeah, this happened at 11:00pm last night. Right before we were about to go to bed. We had to clean it all up, take the dishwasher out (p.o.s. anyway), take apart the whole floor that Jordan layed down a while ago, dry everything, etc etc etc.
Water seeped into the cabinets and the floor and wall behind the dishwasher, so our renter place is going to have someone come out tomorrow to look at it and see what they can do to prevent mold.
So because of this exciting incident...we now have to wash our dishes by hand.
Yes mom and grandma...I AM capable of doing that!
I washed all the dishes that were in there, plus the new ones that piled up all today when I got home.
One problem was...the hose thing that plugs into the dishwasher squirts out water if we turn our faucet onto anything but DIRECTLY cold water.
SO...I did all the dishes in cold water, keeping an eye on that stupid hose to make sure it wasn't leaking all over.
Oh but it did. I don't know how, but Chico came over and was watching it all drip off the counter, onto the floor in a big puddle.
Seriously...I am starting to get irritated with this place- and my stupidity.
If all this crap wasn't made 100 years ago we probably wouldn't be having this many problems!!!
Here's what our kitchen looks like as of now...it's a mess.
We have ordered a new dishwasher (thank heavens)...it should be here in about a week.
Until then...I'll put on my gloves and get ready to wash dishes in the cold water.
I did the dish soap in the dishwasher one time....at a boyfriend's house...hoping I'd impress him with my "maternal" skills....yeah....that didn't go so well. Lesson learned ;)
ReplyDeleteAW!!! I am so sorry! haha! Things come in 3's. So you should be done right??
ReplyDelete