Don't worry, it's not what you're thinking. Not a blow out this time.
Lately she refuses to wear her bib. Right when I put in on her, she rips it off like Superman ripping off his shirt to reveal his costume. I guess it's not a costume because that's what he wears all the time. His..Superman suit? The big S underneath his shirt.
Anyway, Saylor won't wear her bib for nothin. So I am starting to depend on changing her at least twice a day and her first shirt always getting dirty. It was dirty today, plus she has to make noise with her hand and her mouth, while her mouth is full of food, then she runs her hand all through her hair.
I thought might as well go with the flow and give her some Andes chocolate cookie I made today. She loved it.
Now that I think about it, today has been crazy. I guess it started with last night, I put Saylor to bed...5 minutes later I noticed her light flipping on and off.

How could you get mad at that face? I tried forever to get her to go to sleep but it was not happening. Usually by this point I go to plan B. I put her in bed with me. So I did that, lied next to her, and then she thought it would be fun to blow air through the gap in her two front teeth, so that went on for a while. I have a queen size bed, but Saylor insists on laying on my side of the bed, on my pillow (although I get her her own), holding my hands, picking my nose, and laying on my face. Finally she went to sleep laying sideways with her feet under my chin. But asleep!
Then today she was in her walker and started screaming. I looked in the family room and she had her fingers stuck in the DVD/VCR player. Her fingers were pushed clear into the VCR part. Ah! The only way to get them out was to pull them out, and she was already screaming. I kinda panicked for a second then just pulled as gently as possible and got them out. She cried for a while longer but then stopped. She's a tough girl.
Anyway it was a crazy day.
While I was giving her a bath, I was thinking "I wish I could be part of something big, like a big project or something."
Then I thought...wait...I'm a MOM. That's pretty big. Actually that's kinda the biggest thing you can be in life. My psychological background would say so. That's what life is for. Being a mom is a big deal and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment