Friday, January 18, 2013

We're Tough

I knew when I got up today...it was going to be a rough one.

=Saylor was on her very last diaper. Very last.

=I was out of my perscription that keeps me somewhat happy, and needed it quick.

=Tuition is due today, and DWS (Department of Workforce Services) is helping me with that...so I was waiting anxiously for the mail to come to see if I got my card. Guess what. No card. SO I had to go to the DWS office and get one there.

=My hours for DWS had to be turned in today (something both professors sign) and I had not gotten anything back from them yet.

=Saylor dropped her sippy cup on the floor and it spilled everywhere.

It's not fair when you wake up and instantly are so stressed all you want to do is go back to bed. One good thing, my laptop came today. Fiiiiinally I have my own. It's nice.

Off to the DWS office Saylor and I went. This just gets better. During the day I alternate bottle and baby food. Saylor just had most of a bottle and wouldn't drink another drop so we left, as I was thinking it wont take too long and then we can get back and I'll feed her some food.
Apparently the counselor I work with at DWS had to approve on this card I needed, and LUCKY ME, she had just gone in a meeting with someone when I got there. Minimum takes an hour. So I was told I could wait...(sitting on a chair with an 11 month old for minimum an hour? Yeah right.) or to leave and come back in an hour. We ran to the bank and then got to Ross parking lot. The secretary guy called and told me to call and cancel my other card that was in the mail that I hadn't gotten yet. I decided just to go back and see if he needed anything else. For some reason he (or his boss) couldn't get the new card that they were issuing me today to work. I stood there for 20+ minutes with Saylor in my arms...slipping down every ten seconds. She is heavy. I felt like all the muscles in my arms were going to give out but I stayed tough. Finally we got to leave. We came home and I changed a much needed wet bum and fed her some late lunch.
Then my mom came home and wanted to go to Costco. So we did that.
I am exhausted.
I did have a good hair day however, which men will never understand but DOES make things better. Of course, this little girl makes EVERYTHING better too.

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment