I woke up sick this morning...but that wasn't the worst part of my night.
Well, I was getting sick throughout the night. You know how that is.
Saylor woke up sometime around 4:00am- screaming. I jumped out of bed and grabbed her and just put her in bed with me. That usually works.
Not this time.
She was the most restless I have ever seen her. She would lay for a second, then change positions, lay for a second, change positions. This went on for over an hour (I'm not even exaggerating). Meanwhile I felt so sick and just wanted to sleep. Die. Something.
I got out of bed and rocked her in the rocking chair. After a while I layed her in her crib. She got right up and started crying. Again, I put her in bed with me. Restless again. All over the place.
Finally maybe around 6:00am she stayed still for a while and slept for about an hour or two. Then we were up for good.
I'm taking one of my classes over webcam, which I actually have to attend and participate in now. Today was my second day. The first day luckily my brother was home and watched Saylor during my class. Not today though. I was PRAYING I could handle Saylor all while "sitting there in class". Call me self conscious...but my professor puts me up on the screen in the top corner along with the lecture stuff, so the whole class is staring at me. All I can really see is a side view of the front of the classroom and see whoever is presenting. I can't see the class at all. I don't really want to be leaving the camera every few minutes and having dogs all over my lap. Ya know.
So anyway, today I had Saylor in her playpen and Baby Einstein on during my class. Good thing I can mute the microphone on my end so the whole class doesn't here dogs constantly barking, and Saylor saying "Ba da bah mah pah" over and over.
I'm really hoping my brother can change his schedule so he can go in at 2:30 on Tues & Thurs so he can watch Saylor.
I still feel like crap. Yuck I hate being sick. I loaded up on Vitamin C and took some DayQuil this morning though.
So most of you know I am a cheapo when it comes to stuff. Which I buy often...so maybe it kinda evens out. I don't know. Anyway, for all you other fellow cheapees out there I thought I should share a couple secrets that I have discovered in terms of beauty products.
#1: Shop at Ross. I'm telling you, that's the place. I occasionally get clothes from Target (CLEARANCE ONLY), which is pretty awesome too, but Ross is my best friend store.
#2: I am a mascara junkie and have tried a ton of different kinds. Here is my favorite...
Revlon Photoready 3D Volumizing mascara. It was on KSL 5's top beauty favorite's list. It's on mine too.
You know how usually you have to use an older mascara over a newer mascara, because the newer is too wet? Not with this stuff. It does that same effect but all you need is ONE. It also is clump free. It's important to save money, but this is something I will splurge on (which means it's around $7).
#3: Need something that gets rid of dark circles under your eyes? I hate them too.
Get this. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser. There have several different shades, I recommend the BRIGHTENER. I put it on first thing while doing my makeup routine. Just a couple dabs under each eye will do ya.
#4: I don't use foundation. I have oily skin and I feel like foundation just makes it worse. SO, I use Physician's Formula.
You can get this at Walmart...but guess where else you can get it? Ross. Sometimes they have it and sometimes they don't. A lot of times they do though. At Walmart each thing (basic powder, bronzer, or blush) is around $10-$15 each. Ross? $3.99. Or sometimes Ross has sets of three of them for $7.99.
This is a pic of the Organic Wear line, I use that and also the basic powder. I put a primer on, then just put the basic powder on, some blush or bronzer, and I'm set. Being foundation free feels good. I love this stuff.
I also got Physician's Formula eye shadow and lipstick at Ross the other day, too!
#5: Haircolor. Most of you know if there is anything I am obsessed about the most, it's haircolor. Since I am cheap, I have always done it myself. I also have always used the store box haircolor, until my last one. I took the plunge and went to Sally Beauty Supply. I wanted to go super red so I thought maybe I should get some actually "good" haircolor this time.
I went in, having no clue what I was doing. I found out I had to buy the actual liquid color, the color developer, gloves, a bowl, a brush, and a packet of the after color conditioner. I was kinda panicking when I found out everything I needed. I wanted to get my butt out of there and run to my Walmart haircolor isle comfort zone. Well, the total came to about $12. That's it! And let me tell you, I have been very happy with this color and I don't think I will buy store box again. Thanks Sally's!

.png)


No comments:
Post a Comment