Sunday, February 24, 2013

Anxiety and Chocolate

Because of lots of issues, I have been off my anxiety "keep me calm and collected" pills for a couple days. I am hoping I can get to the dr soon and get some more.
 
I am mostly having anxiety about feeding Saylor. Tonight I accidently gave her a little too much food on her spoon which made her gag. I felt horrible.
 
I am having such a hard time feeing her. Knowing what to feed her, how much to feed her, etc. I feel like her occasional bottles are the only things really giving her nutrition. I try to let her eat finger food on her own but that takes forever and I don't feel like she's hardly getting anything!
 
I had this issue when she was first born, too. So much anxiety about feeding her. I just want to know how to do it and know I am doing it right.
 
I have learned that distractions usually help a little (although that is fading). So last night I gave her a little bag of Dove chocolates to play with. She eventually got a chocolate in each hand, and held them until they melted. I decided to just go with the flow at that point and let her squish them in her hands...which led to her eating it.
 
She was not clean with this act in any aspect.
At least she had fun, right? That's all I cared about. Who cares if she makes a mess...that's why there's rags and baths. I wanted her to have a little fun and release some of my built-up anxiety. It worked.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment