I don't think I've ever written about this.
It is not any ordinary proposal.
Because Jordan and I lived 4 hours away from each other, we had to do the pre-wedding thing a little backwards. Only when he was up to Alpine on weekends is when we could really get anything planned together. So because of that, we picked out my ring and got our engagements pictures done before he had a chance to officially propose yet. After our pics I just wanted to skip the "proposal" and keep the ring. Which...didn't happen. Jordan insisted that I let him actually propose to me. So I gave up my ring until further notice.
Each weekend I would tell my friends "I THINK he's going to propose this weekend" which was not the case for several of them.
So one weekend, I was down here in St George. Jordan and I were running some errands and were on our way to Target. Before we reached our destination, he suddenly said "Hey lets go look at those houses up on the hill" (there are nice houses on a big hill that overlooks the city). I didn't think anything of it and we headed up the hill.
We almost reached the top when we saw a police car on the side of the road. Jordan slowed down (like all of us do) and turned the corner. Now would be a good time to mention that Jordan's blinkers on his truck do not work. Two minutes later, the cop was behind us with those awesome red and blue flashing lights on. Jordan pulled over, and I got a little worried. The cop walked up to Jordan's window and asked him if he knew that his blinkers weren't working. Of course he did. He asked for license and registration. We handed them over and the cop went back to his car. We sat there in silence, except for when I said "Baby you really need to get those blinkers fixed". The cop returned and asked Jordan to step out of his vehicle. I of course started getting more worried. Naturally. I could hear them talking, and I heard the cop say to Jordan.."Do you know you have a warrant out for your arrest?"
I panicked.
Jordan was like "uh..no..". The cop told him to go back behind the truck. I looked and could see Jordan's hands behind his back.
The cop then came to my window and asked to see my license. I was pretty much frozen and scared to death. He said "Did you know Mr. Jenkins had a warrant out for his arrest?"
NOOOOOOO.
I asked what for.
"Unpaid ticket".
He told me that he was obligated by court to take him to jail and that I could bail him out within the next hour, which would cost $5,000. At this point I had a million thoughts running through my mind...
"Do I have to go back home today? Where is the jail at? Do I have enough money to bail my boyfriend out of jail? Should I call Jordan's parents? Should I call MY parents? What are the mean guys in jail going to do to Jordan!?"
As you may guess.. I was freaking out.
The cop told me that Jordan wanted to talk to me before he took him. So I got out and walked back to where he was standing. He looked like he was about to cry which just put that cherry right on top of the whole thing. Jordan looked at me and said "I have something to tell you..."
I thought he was going to confess ALL this stuff to me about how he has this huge criminal background that he's never told me about. He then got down on one knee, told me something about how much he loves me (I was in such a panick that I can hardly remember what he said) and pulled out the ring.
My very first thought was..."The cop is letting him propose to me before he takes him to jail?"
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
It was all a set up!!
Apparently this cop is Jordan's good friend and old roomate back in the day.
It was all a set up!!
Apparently this cop is Jordan's good friend and old roomate back in the day.
The rest of the weekend I was shaken up and recovering from my almost heart attack as Jordan laughed at me.
But in the end...I GOT MY RING.
By the way...Jordan's blinkers STILL are not fixed.
By the way...Jordan's blinkers STILL are not fixed.
I don't know if that's the most romantic proposal I've ever heard, but it certainly was one of the funniest. How did he even think of that? I'd love to see the look on your face...lol BTW I'm doing a 30 challenge on my blog too. You should check it out. FB message me your email and I'll send you an invite to my blog.
ReplyDelete