So as you know, our new place is pretty old. So we decided to paint the walls and re-do the floors since we're hoping we'll be here for a while. We went to Lowe's and got laminate wood floors to put down in the kitchen, entry way, and two bathrooms. We got paint so far for the bathrooms and painted our first one last night. It's the master bath and it looks sooo much better already. Our basic colors for our room and bathroom are dark brown and a kind of light blue, so we painted our bathroom dark brown. It's amazing how different just painting a room makes it look. We still need to paint the floorboards, lay the new floor down then it will be done! Jordan loves doing stuff like this so it's fun for both of us.
We also finally bought a washer and dryer. Yeah...we haven't had one since we moved out of our old house. We have quite a few piles of laundry around the house. We get our washer today, but won't get our dryer until March 3. Bring out the clothes line!!
Our friends from Finland said that they don't even have dryers over there. Everyone hangs their wet clothes up to dry. That seems like so much work to me. Maybe we're just lazy?
They also said that having a car is not very popular, everyone gets around on bikes. I would die. It's cool to learn about how different other places are from America.
I went from talking about paint to talking about Finland. I'm kind of out of it.
Pics of our home makeover will be up when they're done!
Can't wait to see pictures!! :D I so wish everyone here got around on bikes too. We'd all be so much better off. haha!
ReplyDeleteI WANT PICTURES!!! I can't wait to see!
ReplyDelete