Household chores used to be so easy. This place was generally quiet, clean, and simple to take care of.
Then we got our children.
I might as well say goodbye forever to sweeping the floor.
We had leaves drug all over the kitchen floor from outside, so naturally I wanted to sweep them up. Of course Chico thought the broom was his toy and he would chase it, bite on it, and play tug-o-war with me (although I was not ACTUALLY playing...believe it or not). I put him in his crate so I could finish my job.
But nope. Here come the kitties.
Chasing the broom, pouncing on it, and playing with my pile of leaves and dirt I swept up. After 20 minutes I finally accomplished my task - which was only supposed to take about 5.
Next was folding towels.
This is impossible with these animals. The kitties climb up the towels as I'm trying to fold them (and me), jump all over the folded ones, and Chico of course chews on the ends and begins his tug-o-war game with me once again.
I love em...but man they are a pain in the butt sometimes.
Guess what else I did? Created PINK towels...unintentionally.
This picture definatly does not do justice. These towels are PINK. Apparently I washed a red towel with these ivory ones. Oops.
As I was folding them I was thinking "When did we get pink towels??"
Yeah...they're going in the guest bathroom that never gets used.
Remember the flooding in St. George? Last Wednesday we woke up to a beautiful rainbow right outside my back door...
It just makes me think that is God reminding us that he will never flood the earth (or St. George for that matter).
In other words...chill out people. It's dry here now and sunny and warm. Typical St. George weather for December...?
Beautiful rainbow! :D I don't know if I've ever seen one in the morning. At least you'll still be able to use the towels! That's so sad. Haha! Probably one of those things that has to happen at least once to everyone right?
ReplyDeleteBleach is a sneaky thing! If I don't wash the whites once with bleach, once without, our colored clothes get little bleach spots...it's awful! I'm sorry that I missed ya at church!!! Next time...next time....:)
ReplyDelete