Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lately...

I haven't written in a while, just thought I would put an update on what's been going on with us.

Update #1
Ok...I know you will think we're crazy. My own mother even does. But...here we go.
Meet...Chico.
Chico is our new puppy. The kitties just weren't doing it for me! I missed my puppy at home so much that I wanted one, and it took about 2 seconds to talk Jordan into it.
We picked him up last Friday on our way up to Alpine. He is half Chihuahua, half Pomeranian. Although you can't really tell in the pic, he is tiny. Just about as big as our kitties now. Can I just tell you...think twice before getting a dog!! He is so much work, I feel like I have a newborn baby. That would actually be easier. We are still trying to housebreak him and it's taking forever. He's just not getting it.
I took Chico to the vet yesterday because lately he's been coughing and gagging about every 5 minutes. Turns out he has tracheal bronchitis. Awesome. So now our little one is on antibiotics and we're hoping he'll get better soon. I feel so bad for him and hate to see him gagging all the time.
I thought the kitties were bad.
He chews on everything, poops and pees everywhere, eats the cat food, tries to mate with the cats...but this little guy has defiantly stolen my heart.

Update #2
I got my hair done again, now I am happy with it. It's shaped a lot better and easier to style. I also bought some permanent color remover and took out as much black as I could. When that was done, I had bright yellow hair for about 3 inches starting at my roots, then it faded into an ugly brassy color then black. I was freaking out. I put a reddish brown over it, praying it wouldn't turn orange. Luckily it went exactly how I wanted. I still have some black but with the red I think it looks ok.

It's so fun and easy to do. Most importantly, Jordan loves it. That is what I care about the most!

Update #3
My brother Cameron has moved in with us. After one day, he already wants to move back to Alpine. I can understand he's bored and misses his friends, but he needs to give it a chance! This is good for him, to learn to be more independent, get a job, and hopefully start school down here. He just needs to get more established and make friends. He has been a lot of help with Chico which we really appreciate. We're hoping he will stay and enjoy life down here in St George.

Update #4
The sky here is beautiful in the evenings. I took a couple pics of it yesterday from our backyard...



Pretty right? I love it. There is no way this beautiful world was just created by chance.

Update #5
Our kitties are quite curious. They have discovered how to jump up onto high surfaces in our house. Last night, our bathtub was full of water. Simba naturally was walking around as Jordan and I told him several times "You're gonna fall!"
Guess what? He did.
It was the funniest, sadest thing I've ever seen. He sure does have a soft coat today though.
So that's what's been going on here.
We now live in a madhouse.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! Wow!! Your life is so exciting! Mine is so boring! haha! You guys are nuts, but the animals will grow up together and love eachother. :) Chico is soooooo cute! That is a cute combination! Love the new hair! Glad you went a bit shorter! Who'd you end up having do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I went to the place I always go to in Lehi. It's called Salon Revez. Luckily I was able to get in last Saturday so that worked out good. Yeah these animals are driving us crazy but it's fun! What's life without some craziness!? Haha...my motto right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry all the problems you're experiencing with your dog will fade. When you're in the middle of house training it seems like it takes forever, but then it happens and you think back to it saying "That wasn't so bad." Get him some chew toys so he doesn't chew your nice things up and well just keep him away from the cats. At least you know he's not going to get your cats pregnant. That's impossible so it could be worse!

    I've got to say though that a newborn baby is A LOT harder than a puppy and one HUGE difference is the baby just gets harder and harder. The dog will settle down after a couple months...lol

    You're hair looks cute I like it. You're so brave with stuff like that. I never cut my hair shorter than my shoulders and I've never dyed it. You've encouraged me though. I'm feeling a change coming on. Though it might wait until after the baby is born. Anyway your cute little life down there looks like so much fun! So glad to see you happy!

    ReplyDelete