As you know, Jordan and I recently moved into a new house in St. George. We have been to our ward twice, and have never met any of our neighbors (mostly all old people- they are everywhere down here). We decided to make cookies & brownies and give to our neighbors so we could introduce ourselves. We at first made fudge the other day...but that was so good that it's now almost gone. Sorry senior citizens. It has too much sugar in it anyway for you.
Anyway, we made brownies and cookies last night. We ended up with nothing.
How did this happen you ask? Let me explain.
The brownies incident is quite simple. All went well, the timer went off and I asked my brother Cameron to go get them out of the oven. Two minutes later I heard a loud CRASH! I turned around to see Cameron frozen, staring at the ground.
This is what he was staring at...
Yeah...no more brownies. Or glass pan.
Next, the cookies. This was my fault and I am admitting it right now. I was trying to substitute half of the butter with applesauce. The recipe called for 1 cup of butter (2 sticks). Apparently I only saw the "2 sticks" part and ended up putting in one cup of butter, and one cup of applesauce. Our dough was runny runny runny. We were confused...so I put in more flour. Lots. Also oatmeal. After they were baked, we tried one. Tasted PRETTY bad. Our neighbors would NOT like us after eating these, so we threw it all away.
Today I am going to go buy frozen cookie dough and another box of brownie mix. Wish us luck!
On a completely different subject, my puppy has an ear issue.
No matter how hard I try, I cannot get his right ear to stay up, or his left ear to stay down.
Maybe this is why every time I say "NO!" he continues doing his wrongful act even more persistently. I guess he will always have an asymmetrical look. That's in style right now though right?
Oh well, we still love him.
I hate it when I screw up a recipe. I was making toffee yesterday and I totally ruined it. First I forgot to add salt then I stired it too much and the butter seperated from the sugar. Lastly I burned it. It was pretty nasty. Even Kirk who can tolerate anything as long as it can be labeled candy couldn't eat it. I'm starting over again later tonight. Wish me luck, and good luck with your goodies for the neighbors!
ReplyDeleteHaha good luck! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has a hard time making treats!
ReplyDelete