Family Matters Most.
Above money. Above careers. Above Plans.
Above all.
My wonderful grandma and grandpa have done so incredibly much for me. They have practically raised my brother and I after my dad left us and my mom had to go back to work in order to provide for us.
This past Wednesday, my grandpa became very sick and had to be taken to the hospital. He ended up needing his gallbladder removed. He is now recovering in the hospital, hopefully able to go home in a few days. Naturally, I have been worried about him and felt I needed to be there. Jordan and I decided to drive up to Alpine Friday night to surprise everyone. My mom had no idea we were coming. As I suddenly walked in, her face just lit up.
We went to see my grandpa in the hospital today, still with none of them knowing we were here. My mom walked in his room and began talking to my grandma, my aunt Karon, and my grandpa. She then told them that she brought "someone" with her. Jordan and I walked in. Seeing the joy in all their faces was a feeling I will never forget. Almost everyone was in tears, as I embraced my grandma in my arms.
Seeing my grandpa lying there in the hospital bed, tubes in his arms, oxygen tube around his nose, was a site I almost couldn't handle. I couldn't imagine a day I would see this.
Fortunately, after my grandpa's surgery, he is doing well. They are keeping him there to help him regain good health post-surgery as well as keep his heart beat at a steady rate. I am so grateful for the amazing hospital staff caring for him, and the technology we have today to provide such great care for people with health needs.
Family is very important and matters most. The relationships we build with our families are one of the few things we take with us after this life.
I am extremly thankful for my family and all they do for me.
Please pray for my grandpa <3
Families are the best. :) I will pray that your grandpa recovers well! This was a very sweet story.
ReplyDelete