Wednesday, May 4, 2011

TODAY I LEARNED...DAY 5




Don't give up.
No matter how hard it is, how exhausted you are, how drained you are...don't give up.
Jordan had today off so we did what!? HIKED!
We went to Snow Canyon with our friends Jeremy & Christine. The trail we hiked on was called "3 Ponds" so of course...it said under the description that there were 3 ponds at the end.
It SAID 3.25 miles. Now is this round trip? I highly doubt it.
The trail went ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON.
There were several times we were about to turn back- thinking these 3 ponds was some kind of sick joke.
But finally! We made it!

So this is the first pond. The other two are on the left of this picture, up above the rocks. I was totally fine just seeing this little pond which was filled with tadpols. But...I have a serious climber husband who had to climb up the rock to see the other two ponds, along with Jeremy. They said Christine and I HAD to come up and see all the frogs that were up there. See that wall on the left ABOVE THE POND?? That is where we climbed. Don't ask me how I didn't fall in the water. I was holding tightly tightly onto my husband's hand for dear life. I have horrible "hiking" shoes and I knew at any moment I was going to fall backwards into the water. I seriously don't know how I made it up.
But we all did! There were tons of little frogs up there- it was pretty cool.
Cute little guys huh! This is a way close up picture, they were actually palm-size.
Moral of the story...never give up.
You never know where you will get, even if it takes you to a bunch of frogs.

********************

I got some pics of OUR trip...





1 comment:

  1. So cool!! Way to not give up!!! :D What an accomplishment. And how cool are those ponds?! These red rock pictures make me want to get my bottom down to southern Utah SO bad!!

    ReplyDelete