Monday, May 2, 2011

TODAY I LEARNED...DAY 3




The book is not always required to get an A.

I remember the first day of class one of my teachers saying,
"Not buying the textbook for a class is like getting a car with no wheels."
WELL. I didn't get the book...and I am getting an A in the class.
I have been doing this practice for quite a while now in my college career. My friend once told me to never buy the books for the class until you absolutly definately needed it. Best advice I've ever had. I did however buy a small book for $20 for my Behavioral Neuroscience class because my teacher told us we needed them for some in-class assignments. Guess what? She ended up giving us copies out of the book of the pages we needed. Of course AFTER I had gotten the book. I sold it back to the bookstore and got an exciting $5 back.
Subway anyone?

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha! I've heard ebay is a great place to find cheap used school books. You know, for when you NEED them. haha! Love it!

    ReplyDelete